Contributor
ccwsmom

C-Section

Does anyone else already know they're having a c-section? I had a c-section with my second child so the doctors office that I go to requires me to have one with this child too. I'll also be getting it a week before my due date because I have type 2 diabetes. I already came through one c-section fine but it still scares me because there are always risks with any surgery and I already have two kids that need their mommy so I'm pretty nervous about this one. Just wondering if anyone else knew this early about having a c-section.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
cur_e_usgeorge

Re: C-Section

I had a c-section with my first child 14+ years ago.  My first ultrasound is today but my first prenatal appointment is not until 9/16.  C-section vs. VBAC is on my list of questions for my Doc. I'm hoping that a VBAC is possible but of course I want to do what is safest for me and baby.  I just don't look forward to the post c-section pain.  Once I find out, I'll repost.

~Paige
Mom to a 14 year old boy and pregnant with #2 @ age 41!
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

[ Edited ]

With my first child I labored for 23 hours and then had an emergency c-section.  Therefore, I was a scheduled c-section with my 2nd child.  The 2nd c-section was so much easier as far as recovery.  I was shocked.  I think it was probably because I hadn't labored so hard for so long and my body wasn't as worn out and didn't have as many pain meds in it.  I still needed help with my 4 year old son in the first week I was home with baby but I was up and about pretty quick the 2nd time.

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
cur_e_usgeorge

Well, first ultrasound went great.  I'm 6 weeks and 2 days along with a new due date of April 22. Baby's heart is beating perfectly.  I was able to talk to my doctor and she said that since it's been so many years since my first c-section I shouldn't have to have another one.  That was great news for me - I will remain hopeful. 

~Paige
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ccwsmom

April 22 is my birthday, it's a great day lol. Congrats on everything being good. It's good that you don't have to have another c-section. A planned c-section goes a lot quicker than being in labor but the recovery time is so much longer and harder with a c-section. I'm really not looking forward to that part.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
cur_e_usgeorge

Thanks!  Another good thing about a c-section is you can have the baby a week early and plan the day you want to have the baby.  My son's birthday is April 19 so if I don't have to have a c-section hopefully the baby is born on any other day. He already said he doesn't want to share a birthday, lol. 

~Paige
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
froggiebren30

Hello, I had a c-section with my first child. My son will be 3 in November. He was breech for the last 4 months and the doctors could not turn him. You could say he is stubborn just like his mother. :smileyhappy: however, I am now 11 weeks pregnant with my second child. I will be having a c- section with this one at week 39. I too get a little nervous when I think about it because there is always risks with surgerys. I too didn't have any complications with my first, hoping this one will be just as smooth. I'm sure yours will too :smileyhappy:) good luck
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mjone321038

Hi there!!! I too had a C-section with my second child.  I did not have a great experience, my son was really wedged into my uterus, the doctor had a difficult time getting him out...it was traumatic therefore I have decided to go with the VBAC this time around.  The best thing that you can do for yourself and your baby, is to keep informed.  Although you doctor's office "requires" you to have another c-section, you do have options, as this is your body, and your birth experience! :smileywink:  Here is a very informative website to check out-

http://www.ican-online.org/

I am not a VBAC nazi, just want to spread the knowledge to other women that they do have choices!!! Good luck to you!!!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ccrites1978

I am also due April 22,2014 and have a 14 daughter--what a big gap-- I am still in denial! I had a c-section with my daughter and will being having again due to heart issues. : ( good luck on starting over- lol!
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

2014 Parents Cover Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online:4 members 84 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: