Occasional Contributor
baby_girl_17007

traveling with newborn

I was wondering if anyone knew. how old a infant needs to be to fly on a airplaine. I want to plan a trip to visit my kids father after its born. And bring my 2 yr old along too . I am just concerned how soon a newborn can fly on a international flight. And what you suggest you bring so its not too expensive for baggage.
Posted from Motorola XT901
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
marinamartini8

Re: traveling with newborn

Hi!
I'm also looking information about it, since both, my husband and I, are European.
It depends on the airline internal regulation, but most of the time it is a really short period, like a week.
Basically you'll need more time to get the baby's passport done.... :smileywink:
We are panning to fly to Europe when the baby will be 3 months old, but we are not so sure yet, because it is going to be a really long trip.... We'll decide when he/she will be born, to see how we can manage it.
Regarding what to bring, it depends on the company you choose. Some allow you to take a small foldable stroller for free, other allow a check in luggage even if the baby doesn't occupy a seat, but almost all allow to have in the cabin with you a small luggage with the baby's stuff.
In international flights you can ask for a cradle (it should be for free) so you don't need to carry the baby all the time on your lap.... Which is great!
And unfortunately, for some company the baby is needed to pay a fee even if he/she doesn't occupy a seat.. :smileysad:
The matter is to consider all the options and check for every airline what they offer that matches better your baby's needs.
If someone has had some experience flying with newborns, I'll be more then happy to know about it too!
:smileyhappy:
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
baby_girl_17007

I been doing research on Google about international flights. Usually most say a week as soon a baby can travel. Buy also depends on the doctor as well. I plan on trying to go to mexico with my kids to see their father after this one is born. While I'm on maternity leave. I also found out that most airlines will let u check stroller and car seat at the gate and can have it o CE get out of plane. Some people also said to have a pacifier or breast feed on takeoff and landing so kids ears pop. And depending on airlines can ask. To block seat next to you so they use it only if they have to . I guess most have limit on liquid on and have a medical person check the bag if they available and keep formula and stuff for baby separate for what needs to be checked. Most airlines let u have unlimited famous of water on plane to give u. This is all I found out just looking on Google for questions. Most answers came from a mom that traveled a lot and who's husband was a pilot. Hope that helps u as much as it did I.
Posted from Motorola XT901
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
marinamartini8

Thank you so much! :smileyhappy:
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to one of our moderators, Christine and Tammy.

2014 Parents Cover Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online:4 members 144 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: